In recent years, we have been moving towards providing a hybrid model for our customers which takes into consideration the years of knowledge their internal staff may bring to the table, something called Co-Managed IT Services.
At Sabre IT Solutions, we understand that every customer has a unique IT infrastructure. Furthermore, each infrastructure requires different solutions. Maybe a traditional IT department isn’t cost-effective. In addition, a fully managed IT environment doesn’t sit well with your current leadership team. On the other hand, without a proper IT infrastructure, things such as outdated hardware and technology can cost your manufacturing business much more.
Co-Managed IT Services have provided customers access to some of the industry’s most powerful tools and ease of mind when it comes to your IT landscape. Co-Managed IT Services is a solution that allows your IT department to leverage our expertise to your company’s advantage.
Many of the tools that Sabre IT uses to accomplish customers’ daily tasks are not available to the average SMB. In most cases, the cost is high and the expertise to implement them is lacking. As a result, Co-managed IT Services contracts offer a solution to both problems by reducing the overhead and capital costs associated with maintaining an adequate IT department. It provides your existing team with cutting-edge software they would not have access to due to industry exclusivity.
You can think of Co-Managed IT Services like it’s your IT department 2.0. The same team you love with even more power to help with important tasks. In essence, the added automation and monitoring capabilities allow your IT team to run more efficiently while increasing their output. With access to the latest resources and professional automation software, your team will instantly get visibility into your infrastructure, as well as gain access to a comprehensive and intuitive real-time ticketing system.
On top of the industry tools, many of our clients are realizing the value of having an external resource for their internal teams. A Co-Managed IT Service option gives your organization the ability to gain more insights from your data. It also provides a help desk for your IT team should any specialized knowledge be required.
Co-managed IT Services enable you to make better use of your internal resources and free up your team’s time. After all, they can focus on activities that align with your business goals and future growth plans.
Any modern IT company will help to fully manage your IT environment or simply act as an adviser. You can easily determine your service level. Moreover, if you need more control, already have in-house IT, or simply don’t need all the services, co-management from Sabre IT is an alternative that can give you the right amount of support you need.
Co-Managed IT Services For Manufacturing Help With:
- Enhanced IT Support: Co-managed IT services can supplement your in-house IT team with additional resources, knowledge, and expertise to ensure that your technology is running smoothly. By working together, co-managed IT services can provide 24/7 coverage and rapid response times, ensuring that any IT issues are quickly addressed and resolved.
- Cost Savings: they allow manufacturers to take advantage of the benefits of outsourcing without completely taking control of their IT infrastructure. This means that manufacturers can save money on IT costs, such as hardware and software, while still maintaining oversight of their IT operations.
- Scalability: Manufacturing companies often experience fluctuations in demand, which can cause IT needs to vary as well. Co-managed IT services can provide the flexibility and scalability necessary to adapt to these changes without incurring excessive costs.
- Improved Security: Cybersecurity is a significant concern for manufacturing companies, which often hold sensitive data related to intellectual property and trade secrets. Co-managed IT services provide specialized cybersecurity expertise and tools to protect against cyber threats and ensure that manufacturers’ sensitive data is secure.
- Increased Productivity: By offloading IT tasks to co-managed services, manufacturers can free up their in-house IT team to focus on more strategic projects that can drive growth and innovation. This increased productivity can help manufacturers stay ahead of the competition and maintain a competitive edge.
Co-managed IT services can help manufacturing companies improve their IT operations, reduce costs, and enhance their overall business performance.
Ensuring Data Security and Compliance in Manufacturing with Co-Managed IT Services
In manufacturing, data security and regulatory compliance are often some of the top concerns. As the custodians of valuable intellectual property and sensitive trade secrets, manufacturers must maintain a robust defense against evolving cyber threats while adhering to industry-specific regulations. Co-Managed IT Services present a robust solution to these challenges, offering a comprehensive approach to data security and compliance.
Importance of Data Security in Manufacturing
As a manufacturer, you might handle a wealth of data critical to their operations, including design plans, production processes, and customer information. Any breach or data loss can result in significant financial and reputational damage. This is why data security is not just an option—it’s a necessity.
Co-Managed IT Services understand the unique data security needs of the manufacturing industry. These services prioritize the protection of sensitive data through advanced cybersecurity measures, including:
- Encryption: Encryption ensures that data remains confidential and is inaccessible to unauthorized parties, even if a breach occurs.
- Access Controls: Strict access controls limit data access to authorized personnel only, reducing the risk of internal threats.
- Regular Security Audits: Co-Managed IT Services conduct frequent security audits to identify vulnerabilities and proactively address them before they can be exploited.
- Compliance Checks: The service provider helps manufacturers stay compliant with industry-specific regulations, such as ISO standards or government requirements, to avoid legal repercussions.
Maintaining Regulatory Compliance
Manufacturing companies often operate under strict industry regulations to protect the quality and safety of their products. Co-Managed IT Services understand the nuances of these regulations and assist manufacturers in maintaining compliance. Key strategies include:
- Audit Trail Management: Co-Managed IT Services help you maintain comprehensive audit trails, ensuring that you can track and validate the history of your data for regulatory purposes.
- Data Retention Policies: Developing and implementing data retention policies that align with industry regulations, ensuring that data is retained or deleted as required.
- Regular Reporting: Service providers generate regular reports to demonstrate compliance to regulatory authorities, reducing the administrative burden on your internal team.
- Incident Response Planning: Co-Managed IT Services develop incident response plans to efficiently address and report data breaches or other security incidents as required by law.
Co-Managed IT Services will offer you a powerful ally in the fight for data security and compliance. With industry-specific expertise and a range of cybersecurity measures, these services ensure that your sensitive data remains secure and that you stay on the right side of regulatory authorities. As a result, manufacturers can focus on what they do best—innovating and producing quality products—knowing their IT infrastructure is in capable hands.
Why Are Some Manufacturers Reluctant to Get Co-Managed IT Services?
Manufacturers are sometimes hesitant to adopt co-managed IT services in fear of losing control of their data, processes, and technology infrastructure. They might also be reluctant to hire an external team to manage their IT operations, especially if they have been managing in-house for a long time. Additionally, while co-managed IT services can help manufacturers save costs in the long run, some may be hesitant to invest in a new service model upfront.
One of the biggest challenges for manufacturers is that they need to have a high level of trust in an external vendor. Outsourcing IT services requires you to trust the vendor’s reliability, security, and the ability to constantly deliver quality services.
Some other reasons that manufacturing companies are hesitant to outsource their IT or get co-managed services include:
- Resistance to change
- Comfortable with the status quo
- Need more education in IT
Some manufacturers may not be aware of the benefits of co-managed IT services or may not fully understand how this service model works. They may need more information and education on how co-managed IT services can help them improve their IT operations, reduce costs, and enhance their overall business performance.
Addressing Common Concerns for Manufacturers
When manufacturers consider adopting Co-Managed IT Services, it’s natural to have concerns and questions about how this service model aligns with their specific needs. Let’s address some common concerns and offer reassurances and solutions tailored to a manufacturing audience:
1. Data Security: Data security is a top priority for manufacturers, especially when dealing with sensitive intellectual property and trade secrets. Rest assured that Co-Managed IT Services providers have a deep understanding of manufacturing-specific security requirements. They implement robust cybersecurity measures, encryption, and access controls to safeguard your data. Regular security audits and compliance checks ensure that your information remains protected.
2. Control: Maintaining control over your manufacturing operations is vital. With Co-Managed IT Services, you’re not relinquishing control; you’re enhancing it. This service model is designed for collaboration, where your internal IT team works closely with the service provider. You retain decision-making power and gain the support and expertise needed to optimize your IT infrastructure. It’s a partnership that empowers your manufacturing processes.
3. Upfront Investment: We understand that investing in a new service model can be a concern. Co-Managed IT Services are designed to be cost-effective in the long term. By reducing the need for extensive capital investments in hardware and software, you can allocate resources more efficiently. This allows you to access cutting-edge technology without shouldering the entire financial burden of an in-house IT department.
4. Resistance to Change: Change can be daunting, particularly for manufacturing companies with established IT practices. Embrace the shift by focusing on the benefits of Co-Managed IT Services, such as increased efficiency, scalability, and access to advanced tools. This adaptability ensures that your manufacturing operations remain competitive in a rapidly evolving landscape.
Addressing these common concerns within the manufacturing context is essential. Co-Managed IT Services are a strategic choice that can enhance your operations while maintaining data security and control. By offering tailored reassurances and solutions, manufacturers can confidently explore the benefits of Co-Managed IT Services in their unique environment.